A WHEYD protein cheesecake, how better to enjoy a dessert this holiday season.
- 50g rolled oats
- 70g almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp of your preferred granulated sweetener
- 50g melted Coconut Oil
- 500g low-fat cream cheese
- 350g Greek yoghurt
- 3 scoops (90g) Vanilla WHEYD or Vegan WHEYD
- 2 large eggs and 1 egg white
- Few drops of Vanilla essence or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line the base and sides of an cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- First, make the crust. Blend together rolled oats, almonds, salt and sweetener until it resembles biscuit crumbs. Add the melted coconut oil and pulse to combine. The mixture should stick together like dough when squeezed. If the texture is too dry, add a little more melted coconut oil and blend again.
- Firmly press the crust mixture down into the base of your lined cake tin, using the base of a glass to pack it in tightly. Bake on the middle shelf for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Once baked, remove and allow to cool while you make the filling.
- While waiting, make the filling. Add all filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl, then use an electric whisk to whisk the mixture until smooth. Pour the mixture onto the baked crust.
- Bake at 175°C for 25 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 90°C and bake for a further 50 minutes or once an inserted knife or skewer comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Once the protein cheesecake is completely cool, remove the cheesecake from the tin. Eat immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.