Want a bit of nostalgic sweetness without the sugar rush? We start the year with a recipe we've all made before, but with a protein hit that makes it different. Great as a post workout snack!
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup protein powder (about 40g)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup syrup or honey
- Prepare a baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray, or greasing.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cereal and protein powder, set aside.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, peanut butter, coconut oil, and syrup*. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid burning, before removing from heat and allowing to cool slightly.
- Pour nut and syrup mixture into the cereal mix. Stir until everything is fully combined and all the cereal is well coated.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Using the spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Place pan into fridge and allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.